I had a few appointments today so I decided to work from home. One of the tasks I have been avoiding for months was cleaning out my home office. I finally accomplished this (and several other things as well) and while going through some old papers came across this list of RULES TO LIVE BY. I don't know where I originally got this list from but I want to share them with you:
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you grow older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want
4. When you say " I love you", mean it
5. When you say "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married
7. Believe in love at first sight
8. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling
11. Don't judge people by their relatives
12. Talk slowly but think quickly
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk
15. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze
16. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions
18. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship
19. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice
21. Spend time alone
Print these rules and post them in a place where you can see them every day!
And this is my Daily Cyn......................