Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Great Smile

One of the things I receive the most compliments on is my smile.  My smile is genuine, wide and warm and I do it often. I can get my man to do just about anything for me by simply smiling sweetly at him.  I was always told by my Southern Belle grandmother, "Smile, darlin', it makes you feel better and you'll get less wrinkles when you do!"  I love to smile. Smiling makes me feel better, it makes others feel better, and just like Grandma promised, I am 48 years old and don't have a wrinkle on my face.

Imagine my dismay when I discovered a little brown spot right on my front tooth about a month ago! I was so upset by this flaw on my otherwise perfectly straight, pearly whites.  It seemed to appear overnight, out of nowhere and I wasn't sure what to do about it.  I had heard and read about all kinds of  "over the counter" whitening agents and purchased a few but was never consistent.  I just don't have the patience to insert gross tasting gel into a plastic tray and insert it in my mouth for ten minutes. I tried the brush -on kind, the type in the little bottle with the tiny little brush.  You must stand there in front of the mirror and painstakingly brush every single tooth without missing a spot.  That's certainly not for me.  I even attempted to use those whitening strips but they wouldn't stay on.  This is most likely because I just can't refrain from talking long enough for them to work.  I tried toothpaste with added whiteners and mouthwash with whitening agents.   Nothing worked.  I considered having my teeth whitened professionally, but I really couldn't find the time and didn't want to spend the money.

Every time I looked in the mirror, all I saw was that darn brown spot.  In every photo taken, it jumped out at me and it appeared to be getting bigger and darker.  I became so insecure about it that I refused to have my picture taken, smiled with my mouth closed to prevent revealing any teeth, and would even cover my mouth with my hand when talking up close with someone.  People started noticing and asking if everything was ok! It was becoming absolutely ridiculous! 

I came across a product in the drugstore called "PLUS WHITE 5 MINUTE SPEED WHITENING GEL".  It looked just like a toothpaste tube. One step bleaching power, fast and easy. "What the heck, I'll add it to the collection I already have at home," I thought as I half-heartedly tossed it into my shopping cart.

There are a few ways to use this product. You can use it with with a mouth tray. Uh, no thanks.  You can take a cotton swab and brush it on every tooth. Forget it!  I could have just concentrated on the one tooth with the spot but I was afraid that one would be too white and all the rest would be too yellow.  Wait....... you can put it on your toothbrush! Now this sounds simple enough for even me.  Every night before bed I gently brushed my teeth with this gel (which doesn't taste half-bad)  and coated my teeth with it as evenly as possible.  I wasn't obsessive about it, but I managed to cover each tooth.  I left it on for 5 minutes.  I used the time to set up my coffee pot for the next morning.  When the time was up, I rinsed my mouth, and then brushed with regular tooth paste. The next morning I raced to the mirror expecting the spot to be gone but it was still there.  I was disappointed but realized I couldn't expect miracles in just one application so I decided to try it again.  I had to try this or spend $500 for professional treatment or live with the brown spot. I wasn't about to spend that money or continue hiding my smile.  Night after night for about two weeks I faithfully brushed with the gel and it became a habit. 

One morning while flossing, I noticed the the spot was completely gone! Gone.....as if it never existed! I was amazed! I was impressed! I began to sing the praises of this amazing little gel!  Now, a couple of nights a week I brush with it and then follow with my regular toothpaste to maintain the effects. I will never be without this tube of whitening gel and I recommend it to everyone who asks " How do you keep your teeth so white?"

You must try this product! It's inexpensive, it's fast, it's easy!  It was invented for impatient people like me who can't be bothered with fuss and mess.  I am smiling again, wide and proud, revealing all my pearly whites, throwing my head back and genuinely laughing with out worrying about that silly little brown spot that caused me to hide one of my greatest assets.  A warm smile can melt the coldest heart......even your own.

And this is my Daily Cyn.................

null

No comments:

Post a Comment