Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Personal Rules to Live By.............

I cleaned my home office recently and found a list of 21 Rules To Live and decided to posted them last week for all to read. I did not personally write them and I don't know who the original author is but I do hope you read them and are applying some or all of those rules to your life.

Here is a list of Rules I did actually write a couple of years ago. They were inspired by the frustration and heartbreak of an unhealthy relationship that went from bad to worse and ended suddenly in a painful, brutal way. I cried my eyes out, tore apart my home to eliminate every single reminder of him, and threatened all my friends with serious consequences if they so much as mentioned his name. Several weeks later, I finally came to the harsh realization that the failure of that relationship (and past ones) was mostly my own fault because I never expressed what I wanted and didn't want. I dried my eyes, put my "big girl pants" on, sat down and wrote this list:

1. Clearly express your boundaries and what you will and will not tolerate

2. Know what you want and need and confidently ask for it!

3. Your needs, desires, and opinions are important, so speak up!

4. Never tolerate disrespect or mistreatment--even if it means walking out!

5. Act like you have what you want until you get it!

6. Choose your battles wisely, but always defend yourself

7. Accept others with their faults and shortcomings but never at the
expense of your own dignity

8. If others are not able or willing to give you what you want or need,
find people who can and will

9. If at all possible, completely avoid emotional vampires
(those who suck the life, joy, and energy from your life).

10. Always believe you deserve the best and expect and demand it or
others will assume you are satisfied with less!!

And this is my Daily Cyn............

No comments:

Post a Comment