Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My New Website

For the past four days I have been confined to bed due to an illness that took me completely by surprise! It started last week with a fever and a slight sore throat. I never let anything like a fever stop me from doing what I need or want to do, whether it's going to the office, accomplishing chores at home, or going out with friends. I always bounce back quickly as long as I take one evening to rest and get a good night's sleep. This time, however, my fever and sore throat became progressively worse to the point where I was suffering with body aches and pains and I completely lost my voice.

I was very upset because this was supposed to be a busy and fun-filled weekend. We had plans to go out on Saturday, and Sunday was the local annual St. Patricks Day parade and then a homemade dinner with family and friends. Instead, I sent my boyfriend home, made myself a big pot of soup and forced myself to stay in bed. I did nothing but sleep almost the entire time which, for those who really know me, is totally against my nature. I cannot sit still or stay in one place for very long, I hate to sleep, I never nap, and I get along just fine with about 4 hours of shut-eye a night. This weekend, I could not manage to keep my eyes open or motivate myself enough to get up and move around at all other than to take care of basic necessities, boil water for tea, and heat up another bowl of soup.

I was completely and utterly miserable and come Monday, I really did not feel any better and decided to take the day off from the office. I could not bear to spend another day lounging around and doing absolutely nothing but I just did not have the energy to put myself together and hop on a train to work.

Because I am forever on the go, I always have several projects that I want to do or need to do but have not actually started, or at best are only half-completed. One of those tasks hanging over me was the complete redesigning of my counseling website. I knew it was going to take several hours and perhaps a couple of days to get it all done and I just couldn't seem to set aside a block of uninterrupted time to complete it. I could hire someone to do it. I investigated that option but it was going to cost me $1200.00 to have some one do the work for me. These days my funds are limited and I would rather put that money toward my upcoming vacation in Myrtle Beach. I decided to utilize my "forced hibernation" to accomplish this task so I could finally toss all the yellow sticky note reminders stuck to my desk and bathroom mirror and finally delete the alarm on my Blackberry that alerted me every evening at 8PM that I needed to get it this done.

Two days later ( I took another sick day today) I finally got it done and I am pleased to announce the launching of my new, improved and quite impressive website. This was no easy task and I spent countless hours on the phone with customer support and time editing and re-editing until my eyes began to burn. I managed to accidently delete the whole thing yesterday and had to start all over again from scratch and completely from memory because of course, I did not have a rough draft!

What have I learned from this experience? The obvious, which is, never put off for tomorrow what you can accomplish today. I also learned to accept the fact that once in awhile my body needs rest and I need to listen to it more often and not push myself so hard. Oh! Most importantly, always have a rough draft!

I am beginning to feel better now and tomorrow I will be back at the office ready and raring to go. I really needed these past few days of rest...because this coming weekend is a BIG one...my 48th birthday celebration and you KNOW I will be going non-stop for that!

And this is my Daily Cyn.......

Please take a moment to check out the website and let me know what you think.

www.truemetamorphosis.org

1 comment:

  1. had no idea you were a Health Counselor and Reflexologist. Knock em dead kiddo !

    Stu

    ReplyDelete