Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Go Ahead and Splurge

I know I post some pretty odd recipes for dishes that some of you might consider forbidden or fattening. I just recently shared a recipe I found for heirloom tomato and goat cheese fondue. You bake it and serve along with homemade croutons for dipping! Have I lost my mind? Absolutely not!

Here is how I look it at. I stress the importance of REAL food. Real food is not processed, pre-packaged, or artificial. If God made it, it's ok to eat. The more it is tampered with, the more unhealthy it becomes for you. Yes, I am a vegetarian. NO, I don't eat meat. Yes, sometimes I post MEAT recipes- good, healthy ones! Not everyone can be like me. Not everyone can exist on my type of a diet. I don't expect you to and would never push it on you if it was something you absolutely, positively did not want. You want your meat, then by George, have it. I just want you to purchase and nourish yourselves with the best quality meat out there.

So.....back to the fondue recipe aka Sin in a Baking Dish..... If I am going to indulge or splurge on something I still want it to be something REAL. Sometimes you just crave something a little fattening, something considered "bad". Life would be so boring without the occasional treat. This fondue recipe would be absolutely PERFECT to serve to some guests on a nice summer evening out on the deck. Open a nice bottle of wine, put on some jazz , sit and chat and eat. I don't think it can get better than that. Your alternative? A pot of coffee and a dozen Dunkin Donuts..... donuts that will be left over because everyone is watching their weight? Donuts are heavy, sweet and for the most part, artificial. You will be left the next day with a bunch of stale donuts and tempted to dunk them into your morning coffee.

Constant denial can result in a total breakdown. The first emotional upset or situation that does not go your way will cause you to binge and eat every fattening, unhealthy thing in sight. Don't deny yourself. Give the fondue recipe a try! This dish will not cause you to gain weight, your blood pressure to increase, or your arteries to harden. Consuming an entire dish of it every day for the rest of your life just might! A Fast Food breakfast, lunch, dinner and the fondue later in the evening even a couple of times a week could be a recipe for disaster. 

Avoid artificial, processed, pre-packaged no fat, low fat, low sugar items. As appealing and guilt-free as that kind of food might sound; it is not REAL and you will NEVER, EVER be satisfied with it. You have to think and plan. You have to use a little wisdom.  Choose REAL whole food rather than faux-food as often as you can. You will be satisfied every time...

Find the recipe for the Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Fondue on my Metamorphosis Facebook Page. Just click the banner to your right....

And this is my Daily Cyn..........

No comments:

Post a Comment