Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time


I recently began to read again one of my favorite books by Deepak Chopra called The Book of Secrets....Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life.  I have a habit of devouring a book completely and then revisting it again several months or even a few years later.  I always discover something new within the pages, learn new lessons, and the message of the book seems to be exactly what I need to hear at that moment. 


One of the subjects that Deepak touches on in this lovely book is our relationship to time.  He writes that time isn't demanding; although we all act as if the clock rules our existence (or if it doesn't, we still keep a close watch on it).  Time is meant to unfold according to our needs, and wants.  It will start to do that only if we give up the belief that time is in charge.

We are always racing against time.  This causes unwanted stress and we accomplish nothing.  We don't grow and nothing changes.  We are like hamsters running furiously in an exercise wheel.  We are exhausted but we are still in the same place.

In order to move to a new stage of growth, we must resolve to change our relationship to time.  The best use of time is to reconnect with your being; who YOU are.  The misuse of time does the opposite; it takes you away from who you are.  Allow yourself to be in the present moment. To be present is to be fully aware and fully conscious of the time and space you are in.  Nothing else should occupy your mind but what you are doing at that very moment.  In the present moment the river of time is allowed to flow.  To go along for the ride we need to nothing but remain absolutely still. 

Try to adopt a few or just one of the resolves below and see how it changes your reality. 

I will let time unfold for me.
I will keep in mind that there's always enough time.
I will follow my own rhythm.
I will not misuse time by procrastination or delay.
I will not fear what times brings in the future.
I will not regreat what time brought in the past.
I will stop racing against the clock.

And this is my Daily Cyn............

No comments:

Post a Comment