Friday, December 10, 2010

My Christmas Wish List.............

"What do you want for Christmas?"

Here is my Christmas Wish List (if I really had the nerve to ask for what I really want)......and what will most likely be waiting under the tree this year for me, instead. 

What I want......
Would you expect anything less than something this grand at the top of my Christmas Wish List?  I want the little cabin in the woods with in walking distance of the beach (I would even settle for a lake nearby, if I must). A girl can dream, can't she?  Oh! And it must have a commercial stain-less steel kitchen and a fireplace.  That's it! If I could have this, I would never ask for anything else as long as I live. I would even stop asking for that penthouse in the city...........


What I will get......
It's already been decided.  This is what my guy wants to buy me for Christmas this year.  My little place is so cold and I am always complaining.  Leave it to a man to think practical, but--truth-be-told--I love this idea.  I can come home from work, flip a switch and have an instant faux fire and blazing hot heat!  I can just pretend I am in my little cabin in the woods and hang a picture of the seashore right above this little heating unit.  How is that for visualization? And just think--no chopping wood, no stoking the fire, no cleaning up the ashes and soot!  It will be so toasty warm and so romantic, perhaps my guy will spend a little more time at my place!


What I want...........
A cashmere robe. Is there anything more luxurious? How I would love to come home from my long commute after work and slip this on.  I can sit in front of my faux fire, sip tea and read my books.  What a lovely gift but with a price tag of $350-- I doubt anyone I know could actually afford to buy me something this extravagant! And the minute I take it off, you know Sambo the cat will be all over it.  It will be full of pulls from his sharp claws and covered with  black cat hair. 



What I will get...........
Cashmere gloves! A small indulgence. Not too expensive. Lovely, stylish and warm.  My hands are always cold.  These would be perfect! I would absolutely love to receive several pairs of these. I am always losing gloves or leaving them on the train.  Somehow I always manage to lose just one....so I definitely need back-ups. 







What I want...........
A gift certificate for a day of beauty which would include a Breathe of Milk and Honey pedicure at Jin Soon Hand and Foot Spa, NYC.  Imagine immersing tired, aching feet in hot milk and honey, having them gently rubbed with a sugar scrub, massaged, and then wrapped in a hot steamed towel.  It would be like dying and going to heaven. This is a lovely, tranquil, asian-inspired little spot in the East Village but of course, this girl can never seem to find the time to go or the extra cash to indulge in such a luxury as this. Jin Soon Hand and Foot Spa


What I will get...........

A "Ped-Egg"! A "Foot Pod"! I don't care what you call it but it's fantastic. It's like a cheese grater--for your feet! And, it works. It's about $5.99 and makes rough heels as soft as a newborn baby. I don't always have time for regular pedicures so that little callous-buster is a lifesaver. I am sure I will receive several of these this year!  







What I want............



 A Course in Miracles author, Marianne Williamson, has written a must-have book on Weight Loss.  Since I read her novel, A Woman's Worth, years ago, I have been a follower. I am a Holistic Nutritional Consultant with a focus on body, mind, and spirit so I know I need to read this book! I just haven't gotten around to ordering it.  Unfortunately, my family does not share my passion and high opinion of Ms. Williamson so this book most certainly will not be under the tree for me this year.

What I will get............

Everyone in my family is a Sarah Palin fan. They absolutely love this "good-ole' gal" from Alaska.  If she ran for President, they would vote for her. Her husband would certainly be a hoot in the White House with his denim shirts, baseball cap and shot gun! Everyone is trying to convert me to a Palin fan, as well.  Most people have strong opinions of Miss Sarah.  I don't love her or despise her--I just don't agree with all of her politics. If I do receive a copy of her latest book, I will read it. I am fascinated by how this country bumpkin soccer mom became such an important, influential woman.  




What I want.............
Manolo Blahnik Something Blue Satin Pump. These are the most gorgeous shoes I have ever seen.  But my name is not Carrie Bradshaw and my life  definitely is not Sex and the City so at $945--these are fantasy shoes for sure.  If there is a Santa, I would need to be a good girl for several years before he would even consider bringing me a pair of these! Besides, when I am living in that cabin in the woods by the beach, I won't need shoes. 


What I will get..........

     Christmas wouldn't be complete without a pair of slippers under the tree. I understand some people want them and actually wear them but I never do! They're still a good idea, however. They are perfect to bring with me on vacation so I don't need to walk barefoot in my hotel bathroom, to keep just in case I need to stay overnight at the hospital, or when I didn't have time to do my "Ped-Egg" pedicure and don't want anyone to see how dry and cracked my heels are. And--these are slightly glamourous in black satin!


All joking aside, no matter how simple or extravagant the gift, what matters most is the love and kindness behind it.  I am very aware, this year more than ever before, how very blessed I am and how there are so many who are not quite so fortunate. 

My Real Christmas Wish-List:
to have enough to give to those in need
to have the faith to give even when I don't have it to give
to be surrounded by my loved ones
to laugh, cry, and rejoice together
and.... the promise of another year



  And this is my Daily Cyn................




1 comment:

  1. I hope you get everything you want except I don't think the goat hair robe and gloves will do anything positive and someone with your natural beauty will not benefit much from a milk & honey foot treatment. Your shoe wish is very nice but with the weather the way it's been, I hope Santa will bring you a fashionably practical boot.

    ReplyDelete