Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to Help Japan

Japanese Cherry Blossoms
'I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink'...Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?...'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.' Matthew 25:35, 37, 40


Not to get all religious here, but I always loved this scripture.  We are God's hands extended.  Every time we give, offer assistance, provide warmth, clothing, food, or shelter to another, it is our gift to God.  We are helping God to do His work.  We are all brothers and sisters regardless of distance, color, race, spiritual beliefs or political views and differences. We are all connected. When one hurts, we all hurt.

Prayers are necessary but meaningless without some kind of action.  As I send my thoughts, love, and my prayers to the people of Japan I cannot help but wonder how I can actually help. I found this article and wish to share it with you. 

This is how our country is offering assistance to the devastated people of Japan. There are also suggestions and links so you can personally contribute and help. Please read and share with others.

Namaste........
How to Help Japan

And this is my Daily Cyn............

No comments:

Post a Comment