Wednesday, April 20, 2011
7 Simple Secrets for Highly Effective Weight Loss
There are literally hundreds of different diet programs out there. Each one promises amazing results if you follow the rules.
Personally, I despise the word DIET. A diet is a trap--a never ending cycle of deprivation and over-indulgence and a virtual roller-coaster ride of constant weight loss and weight gain. In the long run, these continuous fluxuations in your weight (not to mention the emotional components of constant success and failure) are detrimental to your health.
Don't be discouraged. You can lose weight and keep it off forever.
Here are my 7 Simple Secrets for Highly Effective Weight Loss:
1. Exercise at least 20 - 30 minutes a day.
2. Get a good night's sleep.
3. Eat 7-10 fruits and vegetables a day
4. Consider a plant-based diet. If you must eat meat, use it as a condiment rather than making it the main focus your meal. Think chicken stir-fry with loads of fresh veggies rather than a huge roast surrounded by potatoes and a few token vegetables.
5. Have a strong support system of family and friends
6. Develop a spiritual practice
7. Make time for fun
That's it! It sounds so simple, doesn't it?
Want to learn more? Contact me! I would love to chat with you....
And this is my Daily Cyn.......