Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You Get to Choose......

How you feel, is more important than anything else.
 And this is something you get to choose, moment by moment......

This quote jumped out at me this morning.  It was posted on my friend, Bill's Facebook profile. He s always posts thought-provoking stuff, and today is no different.

It's all about me and how I feel...... YUP!

I want to feel good. I want to feel happy.  I want to feel satisfied.  I want to feel secure.  I want to feel loved.

Well.....The all about me part:  that sounds kind of selfish.....

But.....I do want to feel those things, 24/7.

Don't you?

So....why don't I?

Why don't you?

I have a very bad habit.  I make other people and other things responsible for how I feel !

If I feel a certain way (good or bad) it's his fault, her fault....

I blame it on the weather, lack of funds, boredom- anything and everything other than ME!

When I argue with my guy, I am often guilty of saying, " You make me feel............"

Here are the facts. Nothing and no one can make you feel anything.  It's up to you, baby! You get to choose how you feel, moment by moment.

Know yourself.
Love yourself.
Take care of yourself.

This way, you will always be in control.  Insults, upsets, accusations can't touch you. They can't hurt you or make you feel anything other than what you already believe is true about yourself.  

If you don't know who you are, don't love yourself or fail to take care of yourself- you are open to all kinds of suggestions and feelings.

Bad feelings.


Today, my situation is uncertain. But I choose to feel hopeful.

Today, it's raining. It's overcast, chilly and gray. I choose to feel sunny and bright,.

Today, life is chaotic.  I choose to feel peaceful.

Today, I am not sure who loves me.  I choose to feel loved.

Knowing I get to choose.....makes me feel so much better.

And this is my Daily Cyn......

No comments:

Post a Comment