Friday, September 16, 2011

HUNGER




"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." - Mother Teresa





Pain, suffering, hunger, waste, poverty and even pollution exist in the world because I do not LOVE.

Because I do not love:

I stuff myself with food and drink when others go to bed hungry and thirsty. .

I spend hundreds of dollars on another pair of heels yet children go to school without shoes.

I abuse and waste the earth's resources as if there is an endless supply for future generations.

I expect others to spoil me, love me and make me feel good when others are longing for one simple act of kindness.

When I am selfish, greedy, careless, wasteful or unkind, I am taking something away from some one else.

If I truly loved, it would be impossible to live my comfortable, selfish, materialistic life without regard, concern, and consideration for every living, breathing thing that shares the same earth, sky and sea.

And the ones I find impossible to love, the most unlovely of all---those are the ones I must love even more. They are put my path for a reason--because they are hungry for the love only I can give. The love God deposited in my heart for them. For God dwells in me, as me...........

Bleeding heart? You betcha!

May my bleeding heart bleed LOVE................

And this is my Daily Cyn................

No comments:

Post a Comment