Saturday, October 8, 2011

Acne at My Age?


I am quickly approaching the big FIVE-O! I really don't mind joining the ranks of other Quinquagenarians as long as I don't look my age. This is why taking good care of my skin is essential.  Healthy, nourishing food, plenty of water and a daily skin care routine with pure and natural products is my formula for young, healthy-looking skin.



My skin still looks pretty darn good but lately I am breaking out with pimples! This was never an issue when I was younger. Blame it on menopause and all my hormones running amok.  My wacky hormones are causing my sebaceous glands to produce excess oil. Bacteria feed on the oil and multiply. My pores are getting clogged with all that bacteria.  A war is going on beneath my skin as white blood cells rush in to attack the invading bacteria. The end result: an eruption of pimples!

What do I do now?

There are all kinds of acne treatments available but I don't want to use expensive creams or potions that might cause irritation, flakiness, or additional dryness. I began to research alternatives and stumbled upon acne light treatment.  Blue LED light has been proven to kill acne-causing bacteria, clear up existing blemishes, and prevent further break-outs. This sounds great, but I don't have the funds or the time for frequent trips to a dermatologist for this kind of treatment.

I found a wonderful company that provides hand-held light therapy treatment devices I can use at home: Tanda Skincare. Check out their website for all their acne treatments and anti-aging skin care products.

And this is my Daily Cyn............

No comments:

Post a Comment