Sunday, January 29, 2012

Global Warming: Is it Real or a Hoax?


"If we continue to use, abuse and rape the earth and destroy her precious resources, eventually she's gonna get all hot and bothered!" - Cynthia


Most people I know disagree with me about Global Warming. They think I am crazy to fall for a bunch of ridiculous lies. They believe it's nothing more than a scare tactic conjured up by Liberals looking to get rich at the expense of gullible folks.  If the temperatures around the world are really getting warmer, they think it's a blessing because snow, ice and freezing temperatures are a big pain in the ass.  And, if there really is any truth to all this climate change business, it has nothing to do with humans. They didn't didn't cause it and there's nothing they can do to stop it.  It's simply God's will. As long as they can keep driving their big gas-guzzling SUVs, eat their McDonald's hamburgers, and sip water from plastic bottles, they don't really care. They laugh at me for being such a fool. "I've been duped", they say. Sadly, I believe they are the ones fooled into thinking it's perfectly okay to keep disrespecting and abusing the earth without a thought about the repercussions.

I'd rather be called a fool than be accused of burying my head in the sand............

This is not Global-Warming 101.  I am not going to give you a mini-crash course on the subject. Either you believe it or you don't. If you know nothing about it, look it up and decide if it's real or not. But honestly, unless you've been living a in cave, you've heard about it and have some kind of opinion. Anyone with half-a-brain knows something strange is going on.

So what are we going to do? Take action or keep sweeping it under the carpet? Pull the covers over our heads and hope it all goes away?  Or even worse, are we all so wrapped up in our lives that we don't even notice?

When we continue to abuse anything ( another person, our land, even our own bodies), it sends subtle warning signals. Then it begins to rebel and fight back. Eventually, if we continue to ignore the signs, it just dies. Our earth is in her rebellion stage. She is damaged and scarred and fighting back. Warning us to pay attention now or she will need to take even more drastic measures. We might not be able to heal those scars, but we can work to prevent further damage. Don't we want to leave something beautiful for our children? Or do we want to keep using and abusing and leave the mess for them to clean up? If there is anything actually left to clean up! Are we really that selfish? 

Every day I think about the world I am leaving behind for my children, my grandchildren and their children. So I try to do my part to respect and preserve what we've got now. I hope you do, too.

Can you make a difference? Yes. Educate yourself. Do the research. Support causes that protect our earth. You don't have to be a scholar or a scientist to see that something is happening and it can't be good. It's not too late to change. But someday, it might be.

Here is a resource for you:
Everything You Need to Know About Climate Change

And this is my Daily Cyn.........

No comments:

Post a Comment