Thursday, May 13, 2010

Picture this.............

I have always been a very visual person.  I see something and it inspires me.  I post pictures around my house of things I want now or in the future. I am the "Queen of Sticky Notes" used as reminders of things I need to do, want to do, people to call, bills to pay, etc.  I have my two-piece bathing suit on a hanger hanging over my bedroom door as inspiration to eat well and do some kind of daily work out.  Some of my dreams and goals are lofty, some are simple and basic and easily attainable with a little faith and hard work. 

When I was a young girl, my dad taught me a sweet little song that goes like this:
"Lift your vision high
We're in a way we've never been before.
Without a progressive vision
We dwell carelessly
Without a progressive vision
We dwell carelessly
So lift your vision higher...."

If I don't have dreams, goals and visions for my life, I will wander aimlessly without direction.  Things that come my way, good or bad, I will have no control over.  When nothing happens and I end up empty-handed, I will have no one to blame but myself.  Sitting on the side-lines and watching everyone else get what they want and scooping up the left-overs is not the way I want to live my life.

I was blessed to be raised in a home where I was taught about faith.  A positive attitude, the belief that I deserve to have what I want and need, and putting faith into action are things I learned through life experiences.  I wasn't always such an optimistic person.  In fact, just a few years ago,  I was so broken, abused and depressed that I had absolutely no hope for the future.  It took years of therapy and hard work to change my way of thinking.  My experiences taught me that I don't want to waste one minute of time thinking negatively.  I want to work toward achieving that which I truly want in my life and not allow anything or anyone (including myself) to stop me.

Since I have changed my way of thinking and started dreaming and visualizing who I want to be, where I want to be and what I want to have, miraculous things have happened.  I must admit, everything I want, I get in some way, shape, or form.  If I want something, I picture it and refuse to allow any negative words to enter my mind. I don't listen to anyone who tells me "I can't have it or I'll never get it." I am not special.  I just have faith to believe and a drive to achieve what I want.  I don't lead a charmed life.....ha ha! Far from it.  I have obstacles and problems and a tight budget just like everyone else.  I just don't let those negative aspects of my life creep in and tarnish my vision. 

Do you have a vision or a goal for your life? It could be something huge or something small.  It doesn't matter.  Believe you deserve to have it and start taking the steps to make it happen.  Surround yourself with positive people who support you and separate yourself from naysayers.

I posted a picture of two beach chairs on a beach at sunset.  I visualize myself and the man I love sitting there every evening after work with a glass of wine to unwind from our hectic day.  I even picture the dog we will have enjoying the beach with us and chasing sticks or the rubber ball we toss into the water to keep him happy.  Sounds crazy? I don't think so.  I might never be able to actually afford a house on the beach but perhaps I can own or rent a home within walking distance or a few miles away from a beach or lake or even a pond.  I have started looking and believing I will eventually find one. There's no reason why I can't have it!

Lift your vision high!! Higher than you have ever imagined before. Higher than the dreams of your friends, your family, your mate.  Mix in a bit of faith and some elbow grease and you will have the perfect formula for making your dreams come true.

And this is my Daily Cyn...........

2 comments:

  1. that is amazing...an inspiration....thank you ..really... thank you....after reading this it was like a slap in the face... a wake up call for me ...I have been doing the right things to advance in life...and right now...I feel that my life is heading in a different direction and I have been questioning myself...how do I begin????...(I asked that today)....and after this blog I recieved my answer..sooo simple.. just start with one thing anything that is connected to the direction you are going...I want too move out of the city.. go back too the country, and lead a simpler life...healther life a more peacful life...I want love but the real kind (this is a work in progress because I am just starting too love myself and I don't think that I am ready too love someone else right now)...but I believe that when I am ready that this person will pop up...or when this person pops up I am ready...I use too dwell on this a lot but now if I have too ( for the moment) do things alone then I will)...ever since a was enlightened by that revelation...I have become more at peace and content with myself...knowing that if it is ment for me it will happen and if not then something else will happen. but what ever it is... I invision myself at peace and total contentment in any direction I go...
    And why say that you might not be able too buy a house on the beach never put up a barrier lke you said lift you vision high! higher then you ever imagined... thats the line that pop out for me (among others)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on BOB.... i shouldnt have said that...but I might miss out the perfect, beautiful little cottage close to the beach, or lake or pond that God has chosen for me while stubbornly holding out for the house RIGHT on the ocean!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete