Monday, July 26, 2010

The Ticket Stub........





Always the visually inspired person......here is something that might be insignificant to you, but it means everything to me. While riding the train home one Friday a year ago, I was filled with sadness and incredible loss. The conductor noticed, took a ticket stub, punched a smiley face into it, and handed it back to me.


Take this ticket," he said to me. " Look at it, make your wish or say your prayer and put this in a place where you will see it everyday. Don't stop wishing or praying until what you ask for comes to pass. When it does, pass it on to someone else who needs it."

I did exactly what he said and I still have the little ticket stub on my bulletin board where I can see it daily. I say my prayer and believe that it will come to pass when the time is right.

What is it that you are asking for? Do you know you might not have what you want because are not actually asking for it? Regardless of whether you believe in God or the power of the Universe working all things together on your behalf--put it out there and ASK.  Keep asking and believing until your prayer is answered. 

My faith is not in the little ticket stub, but in the act of asking and believing. This little token was given to me by someone who genuinely cared at that moment and hated to see a girl looking so lost and sad.  I was at the lowest point in my life and I had lost all faith.  In an instant it was restored by an act of kindness.  There is great power in a gesture like that.


And this is my Daily Cyn........

No comments:

Post a Comment