Friday, December 31, 2010

We Are All Healers.............


For the past several months, I have been spending three hours of my precious time every Wednesday night in a doctor's office. For anyone who really knows me, you know I have very little patience for this sort of thing and can think of better ways to spend my time and my hard-earned money.  I don't even really like doctors and try to avoid them at all costs.  There comes a time in all our lives that we must submit to the "powers to be", suck it up and just get through it.  That's what I am doing now.  This is not a life-threatening situation (but it would have become one had I continued to ignore the warning signs). 

To say I was dragged to this place kicking and screaming is understatement.  I did not want to be here. I cried, I yelled, I stomped my feet.  I pulled out my checkbook and asked " How much do you want? I will give you everything I have if you just let me out of here!" Nothing worked. Eventually, I accepted defeat and submitted. I changed my attitude and began to look at everything differently. I could make this a good experience or a bad one.  My choice. Now I go every Wednesday expecting to give and to receive.  In retrospect, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Why? I have met some truly beautiful people who are all struggling to find the same things I am- hope, peace, and healing.  We are connected by one common thread and we are healing each other.

It's amusing, really. This major inconvenience has become an opportunity to share my experiences and my passion for health and healing. I talk to every single person there. The doctor I see has a list of questions about food, nutrition and weight loss to ask me every Wednesday. My ideas, thoughts and suggestions are things he has never heard before. He applies my tips and advice to his own life and shares them with his other patients in an effort to help them heal. Some people think I am crazy to give away this information for free.  I should be charging him. After all, he is charging me a fee, isn't he?  Quite a large fee, in fact, that I am paying in cash because my insurance will not cover it.  I don't see it that way.  If something I share helps just one person, there is no price I can ever put on that. You can't put a price on healing.  I believe with all my heart that whatever I put out there will come back to me in some way, shape or form.  What I will receive is my own healing.

I am a healer. When I say that, I don't mean the type of healer who lays hands on people and casts out sickness and disease. I wish sometimes, I did have that gift.  I would travel the world making sick people well--no charge. We are all healers, every single one of us.  We all have something deep down inside.  Some of us know this, others live an entire life-time and never realize it.   Those are the ones I want to reach--the ones who don't know.

We all have the gift and ability to heal. We all have something to give. It can be a smile, a kind word, a helping hand, information, or an area of expertise that we can share with someone else. Sometimes, the most insignificant, utterly ridiculous thing is pure healing to someone else. This reality is what keeps me going.  It is what inspires me to keep sharing, writing, blogging, teaching, learning, trying, failing, and trying again.  This is why I am up at 4:30AM every morning, searching for encouraging, positive, and funny comments to post on Facebook for others to read.  If something I share touches or helps just one person or puts a smile on their face, I have done my job.

You can continue to muddle through life wondering about your true purpose and if you really have one. You have one and it is very simple. You are a healer. Right now. No special training or Ph.D required.   Just use the gifts you have and be an inspiration to everyone you come in contact with.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy, prosperous New Year!

And this is my Daily Cyn...........

No comments:

Post a Comment