Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Forgiveness


I know I promised the second installment of The You Complete Me blog. I am working on that and will deliver, eventually.

For some reason, a particular word keeps echoing in my heart and mind today and I want to share that instead.

That word is FORGIVENESS.




Perhaps I need to forgive. Actually, I KNOW I do. And I need to be forgiven. I also need to forgive myself.

Forgiveness. A very powerful word. An incredible, life-changing action we must practice if we desire to truly be free. People cannot heal without our forgiveness. We cannot heal without forgiving others and ourselves. 


A few things about forgiveness:

To forgive is to give up resentment against or the desire to punish; stop being angry with; to pardon.


You relieve yourself of the burden of the past. You shed the hurt, pain, anger, and loneliness. 



You give the person you forgive (even yourself) the freedom to live in peace and to be able to change for the better.

Keep in mind: Forgiveness is not about sitting there and taking it. It does not mean you become a doormat to be used and abused. Forgiveness is not turning the other cheek and allowing someone to repeatedly slap you in the face. Forgiveness is a sign of strength- NOT weakness.

Forgiveness is not forgetting.

The pain may not be completely gone. One can forgive and still grieve a loss or feel pain from a wound.

Damage and wounds can take time to repair.

Forgiveness does not deny responsibility for behavior. You have simply committed to not hold the other person in debt.

When you truly forgive, you no longer punish yourself or anyone else with unkind thoughts, feelings, or vengeful fantasies.

Forgiveness is the purest act of self-love. It is a gift you give to others but more importantly, to yourself. Those who do not love themselves, cannot forgive.








To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness."
- Dr. Robert Muller



 
 
 
And this is my Daily Cyn......

No comments:

Post a Comment