Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perfection

 Trying to create the illusion of perfection robs me of the true joy of living and loving. I am done with trying to be perfect or pretending I am! In fact, I am 'perfectly' content when I laugh about my imperfections and much more effective when I openly share them with others.....



It would be nice if I always looked like this...........

The PERFECT pose, PERFECT glow, PERFECT makeup
 But in reality, most of the time I look like this.............
My 50 year old eyes can't read a thing without my glasses!

I want everyone to think I work behind a desk that ALWAYS looks like this.............

My PERFECTLY organized desk (when clients come to see me)
But most days, it looks like this...............

YES, that IS a STYROFOAM Dunkin' Donuts coffee cup.
  I am not the PERFECT environmentalist ALL of the time!
And that I ONLY snack on good stuff like this.............


But every once in awhile, I cave into this..............


I never, ever buy these but.....
I have been known to threaten the lives of those who have them and won't share!
I don't have a PERFECT diet all the time!

I am supposed to be reading this (it's somewhere under all those files and papers on my desk)............

The Book of Secrets- Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life by Deepak Chopra
Self-Discovery- that's right! Helps me believe I am getting closer to PERFECT.

But, I am actually reading this............

Dracula, My Love--A dark and steamy Vampire novel.
What can I say? My love life is not perfect.
I'm single! I need something...........
Trying to be perfect is exhausting.

It's so liberating to just admit I am far from it.

I never will be perfect.

I know you are not perfect either.

You never will be.

So.....go ahead and just be your wonderful, amazing, imperfect self...........

And this my Daily Cyn.......

No comments:

Post a Comment