Monday, August 22, 2011

What does Self Love or Full Potential Have to Do With Losing Weight?





We can only reach our true potential when we truly love and accept who we are, exactly as we are....... 

I am currently working on an article about reaching our full potential.  I wanted to post it today but it's not quite ready so instead I am giving you this- a teaser if you will. After all, Daily Cyn is a daily blog so I have to write something.

There are some people who can't grasp the concept of exactly what I do. I am a Nutritional Consultant and Lifestyle Coach. I teach people how to eat. Clients come to me for a variety of reasons: weight loss, health concerns, they want to become vegetarians, or just because they know they should eat better but have no idea how to begin. 




So what on earth does loving yourself or reaching your full potential have to do with losing weight, health or making a decision to eat well?

EVERYTHING!!!

 I'll use weight-loss as an example because it seems to be the most popular issue. You are overweight because you eat too much. Simple. You want to lose weight so now you need to stop over-eating. Yes and no. Over-eating isn't really the problem. It is a symptom of something else. In other words, there's a reason why you're over-eating and it's not just because food tastes so good! Why can some people stop at one or two cookies and you have to eat the whole bag? And, NO, YOU DON'T HAVE A DISEASE! There's something you're lacking. Something you need. Over-eating is just a temporary solution and a way of silencing something deep within. You are trying to fix it or shut it up with food. It all boils down to unresolved issues and how you think about your SELF.  In order to lose weight and keep it off forever, you must deal with those issues and come to know, accept and love who you are. Then you will begin to cherish, nourish and nurture yourself. This is also the key to reaching your full potential. You will never really get there any other way.

My methods are different. I will help you lose weight if that's what you want, but it's a lifestyle change I am after. I don't want you coming back in year to lose those same twenty pounds. I do want you to be so happy, healthy and different that you refer all your family and friends to me. I will not tell you to wait until you are thin enough  to go get what you want. I will tell you to start doing it NOW--regardless of your size or weight!  How? First step:  Deal with your issues: What do you want? What do you need? What's missing in your life? Second:  Love and appreciate who you are are right now-exactly as you are. 

Love myself even if I am fat? Absolutely!

If you don't love yourself RIGHT NOW, you will not miraculously love yourself when you're thin. You might love the way your body looks- but that's just your body and that's always subject to change..... 

I don't have a quick-fix miracle cure.  In fact it's hard work- for you and for me. But some amazing things will happen. Your health will improve. Your energy levels-- through the roof. Dreams will start coming true.  Relationships more satisfying . Doors to new fulfilling careers and other possibilites will open. Your whole life will change! Oh! And the weight? It will drop off and stay off! Full potential? You bet-cha!

Want to learn more? Read about me and what I do here: ABOUT ME.

If this sounds interesting to you, contact me. We'll chat: in person, over the phone, by computer--what ever works!

And this is my Daily Cyn............

No comments:

Post a Comment