Monday, September 5, 2011

How to Get Thin and Stay That Way...............


Yoga. Pilates. The treadmill. Jogging. Belly dancing. Aerobics. Carmen Electra's Strip Tease Workout DVDs. God knows I've tried them all and I keep mixing it up to keep it interesting.

We all know how important daily exercise is for our well-being. No one is going to get thin by dieting alone--at least not HEALTHY THIN. We want to look firm and fit- not emaciated. Muscle takes up less room than fat so if the smaller size turns you on, you need to firm up everything you've got.

The only way to do that is to exercise. So pull on your yoga pants and hop to it because today I am going to give you the #1 secret to getting thin and staying thin-- FOREVER!




You do have a pair of yoga pants, don't you? Everyone owns some type of comfy, cozy, non-restricting stretchy pants to exercise in. Elastic band or draw-string waist--with plenty of room for movement without cutting or binding. You don't work out in your demin jeans, do you? Of course not! Yoga pants are the way to go. I see women in them all the time. At the gym, at the coffee shop, in the grocery store. I love them so much, I could wear them all day. Every day! Why not? They look great, they never wrinkle and they expand!

Are you ready for the #1 Secret for getting thin and staying thin forever?

Exercise, Exercise Exercise!



And when you're finished: TAKE OFF THOSE YOGA PANTS AND PUT YOUR JEANS ON!

Yes, I know yoga pants are the latest fashion. Women who have never exercised in their lives and think Downward Facing Dog is a Native American Indian Chief, strut around in yoga pants. Why? Because they're comfortable. They stretch. They look good. The ones without pockets with the built-in lift make your ass look amazing. I can't argue with that. BUT--they can conceal excess weight gain. You can pack on an extra five or ten pounds and you might not notice. Even if you do, you'll let it slide. Yoga pants are so forgiveable- especially if you're like me and every pair you own is black!

I love my yoga pants. When I worked in a office, the first thing I did when I came home was take off my skirt and stockings and slip into them- whether exercise was on the agenda or not. They are so much more comfortable than jeans. When I started working from home, unless I was meeting with a client, yoga pants became my daily attire. With the change of job came a change of lifestyle. I didn't plan it that way-- it just sort of happened. I spend a lot of time at home. Sometimes several days go by before I even leave the house.  I don't have a boyfriend and my son recently moved back home. He loves to snack while watching TV and lately, I've been snacking along with him.  Last weekend I went to church for the first time since Easter and when I slipped on my favorite skirt- HELLO! It was a tad too tight! I have put on a few pounds and I didn't really notice. Actually, I did notice because my jeans were getting a little uncomfortable but I blamed it on all the current drama and stress in my life.  I let it slide because of those damn yoga pants!

So, now I reserve my yoga pants for yoga. Well, first it's thirty minutes on the treadmill while watching the morning news and then it's yoga. Regardless of my exercise choice, I do it and then I put my jeans back on. And I stay in them, all day until it's time for bed! Am I uncomfortable? Sometimes! Do I feel constricted? Wel....if I eat too much at dinner, I feel it- immediately. There's no way I can squeeze in a second helping of anything except maybe salad. When I sit on the couch to watch TV at night, those slightly tight jeans keep me from sticking my hand into that bag, box or bowl of whatever my son is noshing on. If I was sitting there in my cozy, stretchy yoga pants, I might not think twice about over-indulging. If I make mistake of living in my yoga pants, I just don't feel the extra bloat or it's just easier to ignore it. If I start expanding, the pants expand right along with me! NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL! I can't afford to put on weight.  I am in the Nutrition and Weight Loss Business!!

This little trick helps keep me on the right path concerning my eating habits. There's too much forgiveness in those yoga pants--they camoflauge a belly bulge, 'muffin top', or expanding thighs. A few extra pounds in my  jeans and I feel it. I can't breathe!

Want to lose weight quickly? Eat a healthy, well balanced diet : lean protein, whole grains, lots of fruit and veggies and exercise. If you want to keep the weight from coming back: wear clothes! Clothes with zippers, buttons, belts and waistbands. Waistbands that don't stretch! Clothes are unforgiveable. Those jeans that are starting to get a little tight or tough to zipper up is a constant reminder that you shouldn't have that extra helping of mashed potatoes. If you're watching TV at night in your jeans instead of yoga pants, you'll be snacking on fresh fruit salad instead of a box of cookies of a bag of chips. Trust me! It works!

Exercise attire (yoga pants, sweat pants, which ever you prefer) is specifically for exercise.  You're not supposed to live in them! Yes, they look cute. You might think when you wear them to the store or to pick up the kids from school that they send a message that you are into exercise. But here's the thing. They make you look that way if you are absolutely fit and fabulous (or a full time yoga or fitness instructor). If you are carrying around excess weight, you're gonna look like a fat girl in stretchy pants.  

When you come from work, don't default to the yoga pants. Slip on a pair of jeans until it's time for bed. On the weekends- same thing. Wear clothes- not the yoga pants. When you exercise or go to the gym, resist the temptation to strut around or run your errands in your gym clothes and put your jeans back on!  Yoga pants serve one purpose- to make you comfortable while exercising so you can lose weight, build muscle and look amazing in your jeans.  
And this is my Daily Cyn........

No comments:

Post a Comment